this is a killer fix for VMWARE MSI fail
[fixed]VMware installation problem (The MSI Failed)
These following steps will show you how to fix VMware installation problem (The MSI Failed).
1) Go to ‘Temp’ directory, located under user (profile folder) who does the installation/uninstallation in his computer.
or just go to "win+R" type
2) Make sure none of the VMware installation or uninstallation process is running. Select and Delete all vmware files and folders in this location.
3) Restart the computer: "win+R" type
shutdown -r -t 0.
After restarting the computer open command prompt and run the following commands.
- "win+R" type
- Switch to admin:
runas /user:(username) cmdenter password to run cmd as admin.
- Change directory where you have VMware setup:
- Then lunch installation:
VMware-workstation.exe /x /v EULAS_AGREED=1, you should add
/v EULAS_AGREED=1to enable licence agreement.
- Wait for a while and click next then modify...
enjoy the installation(!) please comment below for any clarifications